State Championships Information
- To be eligible to enter all teams must be a member of Canine Disc Australia as per the Rules & Regulations of CDA.
- Neither the Handler nor the Dog is required to have previously competed in any sanctioned CDA Competition.
- If you can throw a disc and your dog can catch it and bring it back then you are ready to compete in State Championship Events.
- It is definitely possible that a team which has never competed before could be crowned a State Champion this year
- Our Canine Companions are only eligible to enter No more than 8 rounds of canine disc action per day.
The Judging criteria for the Championships will be as identified in the CDA Rules & Regulations 1st Edition, with the exception being the divisions which have been outlined in each Championship Overview, the Rules are available for download from the Canine Disc Australia Website www.caninediscaustralia.com/rules.html
All of the current titling opportunities for canine disc will be as per section 10.0 of the CDA Rules & Regulations. All rounds during the State Championships weekend are eligible for earning qualifying cards towards CDA Titles.
Throw & Catch State Championships Overview
- Divisions for this event differ from normal championship competitions, There will be 2 Divisions Novice & Open, which will also be divided into Men’s & Women’s.
- There are no prerequisites need to enter, your current normal competition division will determine which division you compete in…
- Teams which currently compete in Beginners & Excellent Divisions will compete in the Novice Division.
- Teams which currently compete in Open & Masters Divisions will compete in the Open Division.
- There will be 4 rounds of Throw & Catch over both days of competition the teams with the highest cumulative score after the 4 rounds will be crowned the State Champion, Rounds will be made up of 2 Toss & Fetch and 2 Bonus Chase Classes.
Throw & Catch Championship Titles on offer include:
State Canine Disc Throw & Catch Novice Mens Division Champion
State Canine Disc Throw & Catch Novice Womens Division Champion
State Canine Disc Throw & Catch Open Mens Division Champion
State Canine Disc Throw & Catch Open Womens Division Champion
Freestyle State Championships Overview
- Divisions for Freestyle include both Pro & Super Pro Divisions, your current competing division will determine which division you will compete in for this event
- There will be 4 rounds of Freestyle Competition over both days the team with the highest cumulative score after the 3 rounds will be crowned the Champion.
Freestyle Championship Titles on Offer include:
State Canine Disc Pro Division Champion
State Canine Disc Super Pro Division Champion
Games State Championships Overview
- This will be the first year we will crown a Games Champion, There are No separate divisions for the games rounds. All teams will compete together as in usual competitions however we will be crowning both a Mens & Womens Games Champion.
- There are No prerequisites needed to enter
- Teams will compete in 4 rounds/games, consisting of 1 x Accuracy, 1 x Black Jack, 1 x Double Up & 1 x Time Trial Games.
- Champions will be determined based on the number of competitors and the placing you received after each round. The teams with the highest cumulative score after all 4 games will be determined the Champions.
For eg. if there are 11 Competing teams entered in to the Games Championship, Teams will earn the following points for each round/game. 1st Place will receive 11 points, 2nd place 10 points, 3rd place 9 points, 4th place 8 points, 5th place 7 points and so on with 11th place receiving 1 point.
If places are tied then the points will be split between the tied teams, for eg the 5th & 6th team are tied for 5th Place then they will both receive 6.5 points each calculated as 5th Place receives 7 points, 6th place 6 points which total 13 points this is split between the 2 places so each team receives 6.5 points. 7th place receives 5 points.
Games Championship Titles on offer include:
State Canine Disc Mens Games Champion
State Canine Disc Womens Games Champion